DUI Defense Overview
If you have been arrested or are facing charges for a DUI in Georgia, there is just one thing to remember: don't admit to anything. Whether you are guilty or not, you need legal representation on your side during a DUI case. Since the first DUI charge in Georgia can cost you anywhere from $300 to over $1,000 along with a suspended license, you cannot risk going at it alone. You need to fight your DUI case aggressively and utilize a defense attorney who has experience with DUI cases and the knowledge to develop an effective defense strategy.
Call The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry today. Kimberly Ann Berry is a seasoned trial attorney and DUI defense attorney in Georgia. You can call for a free, no obligation consultation today and see what The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry can do for you.
You Have Rights
During a DUI case, the most common issue is violation of rights. More DUI convictions are dismissed or overturned due to rights violations, but the only way to know your rights or know if they were violated is by contacting a professional. Some common rights violations in DUI cases that The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry will look at include, but are not limited to:
- Whether or not the police searched your vehicle without your permission or if they threatened arrest for denying them access to your vehicle.
- While in custody or under questioning if the police gave you your Miranda warning, which includes the right to remain silent, understanding that anything you say can be used against you, the right to an attorney and the right to a court-appointed attorney.
- Whether or not the police had probable cause to arrest or investigate you for a DUI charge in the first place.
- Whether or not you were charged within the 72 hour holding period that is allotted by law.
- Whether or not the police official used force or other tactics to make you admit to a crime you did not do.
Prevention of Felony Charges
There are circumstances under Georgia law that will allow officials to seek a felony rather than misdemeanor charge for your DUI. A felony DUI charge not only increases the penalties upon conviction, but can follow you on your criminal record for the rest of your life making it impossible to:
- Get affordable housing;
- Seek professional lending;
- Be admitted into special programs;
- Get a job;
- Receive government clearance;
- …and more
At The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry, we will ensure that your case does not jump to a felony charge and if it does, we will work aggressively to dismiss or lower that charge and prevent the consequences of a felony from ruining your life.
Accuracy of Field Sobriety Test
At The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry, we are familiar with the field sobriety test in Georgia and will ensure that your test was administered properly. We will review the breathalyzer results, the walk and turn test administered as well as any other field sobriety methods used to assess your ability to drive safely. We will also review and scrutinize any blood tests taken and consult other professionals about amounts found to determine if they were accurate at the time of your arrest. Though field sobriety tests are standard amongst police officials, they are prone to human error and at The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry, we want to make sure your tests were administered correctly and the results were accurate.
Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation in your DUI case and let The Law Offices of Kimberly Berry protect your rights and your future now.